Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Photo Contest





I don't if anyone will read this post, but here goes nothing. I know many people who like to take photographs and I know of many bloggers who like picture-takin' too. Well I also enjoy photography and, with the prompting of a friend, entered a local photography contest. The above photos were supposed to be in the contest, but one of them didn't make it. The other two, however, fared well receiving an award of merit (the highest possible) and an honorable mention.

Now to my audience, which photo do you think should of earned the award of merit and honorable mention? Leave your comment here and in a week we will see how your opinions line up with the ones from the official judge.

By the way, these photos are for sale if you would like to have one for your wall. Just drop me an email at wholesomeworks[at]cableone[dot]net if your interested.

Edit: Thanks to all of the commenters, the comments have been great! After privately receiving a remark about how my photos would look better without the large copyright, I decided to shrink the copyright using a slightly more complex Photoshop trick. I switched out Black Pearls (pic #3) with the new copyright so let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

The third one is my personal favorite. I can't decide on a second place though. I like #1 and #2 for different reasons, but if I had to choose, I'd probably give second place to the second picture... or maybe not. I really like #1 too.

Beautiful photos! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I myself like the second one then the third one and then the first one. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Katie Marie said...

I like them in the order that they appear. #1 is amazing. :)

Sherry said...

I'll guess that number three won the award of merit and number two honorable mention.

Amy said...

I vote for the third one. It's the most unusual with purple leaves. I also like the composition.

Anonymous said...

I liked the 3rd one the best. These pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

The third one is the most pleasing to the eye. Thanks for the contest.